Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back from AAD in NOLA!

Let me preface this post by saying, I'm not a summer person. I never leave the house without sunscreen, I like the shade, and being hot and sweaty doesn't appeal to me in the least. But more than anything, I straight up loathe humidity. Heat and humidity are a vile, vile combination and New Orleans in August is pretty much nothing but heat and humidity.

But, weather bitching aside, I had an amazing time. Authors After Dark really is a fabulous conference. It was so great to see old friends and meet new ones. The authors and readers who come to this con are absolutely wonderful. My stomach and face still hurt from all the smiling and laughing. There's a connection that readers and writers share that's unlike anything else. And maybe that's because that at the heart of it, we're all readers who love getting lost in a great story.

This is a shout out to all the people who made this conference unforgettable for me - you know who you are and I adore each and every one of you. Thank you for being awesome. :)

And here are some pictures of New Orleans. There are plenty more on my facebook page.

 The lovely (and hot and sweaty) Cafe du Monde.
 Love the ironwork in this city!
 A voodoo shop. I did get a reading while I was in NOLA - but not at this place.
 This is the centerpiece I made for one of the dinners for me and Jen Armintrout. I think it turned out pretty darn well. :)
 Spiffy house on Royal Street.
 I've never seen corn in ironwork - oak leaves? Yes. Corn stalks? No. Very cool!
 Evidently this lamp post has been naughty...
 Me at the book signing.
 Graves in the St. Louis Cemetery.
 I love old graveyards, so this was so cool to explore.






1 comment:

Chris said...

October. October is a much better time to visit NOLA.